foreach performance

shurikgefter

Hi,

What is a better for performance:

1)
foreach my $key ( split ( ',' , $temp ) )

or

2)

@tmp = split ( ',' , $temp );
foreach my $key ( @tmp )

Does the split command will be execute each foreach loop or only first
time?

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

Hi,

What is a better for performance:

The catholic church was recently apologized for persecuting Galileo.
Why are you still afraid of the experimental method?
1)
foreach my $key ( split ( ',' , $temp ) )

or

2)

@tmp = split ( ',' , $temp );
foreach my $key ( @tmp )

In my hands the first is faster. With your computer and your version of
Perl and your details of the construction of $temp, the results may be
different.
Does the split command will be execute each foreach loop or only first
time?

If it executed each time, you would likely have a infinite loop,
wouldn't you?

Xho