"Fork" in Windows

anders

Hi!

I have a problem converting a cgi-program to run on windows.

The problem is that the CGI is collecting a lot of information
(a orderhandlingsystem) and under unix the main process
makes a FORK and the new childprocess is continue
process the order (copying, make PDF etc. with is time
consuming)

The main process is exiting after childprocess is creating
and lett the webbserver continue.

Så in a short form

MAIN
1. Collect data
2. Fork to childprocess
3. exit main process

CHILD
1. make PDF, .....
2. Send confirmmail
3. Make bakups and cleaning
4. Exit

BUT... I have not found any way on doing this i Windows with C
I have found spawn and CreateCildProcess but thay will have a program
as indata
and i would like to CLONE current process.

Any one know how to do this (i am using Microsoft Compiler that came
with VisualStudio 6 eg. NOT .NET version.

Tanks
Anders

CBFalconer

anders said:
I have a problem converting a cgi-program to run on windows.

The problem is that the CGI is collecting a lot of information
(a orderhandlingsystem) and under unix the main process
makes a FORK and the new childprocess is continue
process the order (copying, make PDF etc. with is time
consuming)

Converting things to Winders is a retrograde step. None of this
has anything to do with the C language. You probably want a group
with Microsoft or Windoze in its name. See the following links:

--
Some useful references about C:
<http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html> (C-faq)