    How can I change the order in which the scripts execute, including those inserted by DotNet

    Thanks in advance for your help

    Jim Brandley
    =?Utf-8?B?U25vd2JhbmsgSmlt?=, Feb 18, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U25vd2JhbmsgSmlt?=

    bruce barker Guest

    you can't, but your script can call the validator code itself, to decide
    whether to run.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Snowbank Jim" <> wrote in message
    > When I invoke RegisterOnSubmitStatement, my script is inserted prior to

    the page validation invocation inserted by DotNet. In this case, my script
    needs to run only if all client-side validation is successful. It blocks
    multiple submits, and alters the submit button to give the user some visual
    feedback that the submit occurred.

    bruce barker, Feb 18, 2004

  3. I thought of that too, but the ValidatorOnSubmit function doesn't have a return value.
    =?Utf-8?B?U25vd2JhbmsgSmlt?=, Feb 18, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U25vd2JhbmsgSmlt?=

    Peter Blum Guest

    Hi Jim,

    I have a solution for you. My product, "Professional Validation And More",
    was created to overcome the many limitations of Microsoft's validation
    framework. In your case, it's page submit event handler supports the
    following:
    1. You can hook in your own javascript just by setting a property.
    2. You can tell it to put up a confirmation message box that can cancel page
    submission.
    3. You can dictate the desired order of events between validation, confirm
    message, and your script handler.

    You will find that Professional Validation And More has tremendous
    improvements to validation, saving you time from custom coding and hacks.
    Details are at http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: