    form is skiipped in netscape??
    job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
    must have missed something simple??

    bbxrider, Jul 28, 2003

  2. bbxrider

    Disco Guest

    bbxrider wrote:
    > i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
    > form is skiipped in netscape??
    > job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
    > must have missed something simple??

    the bottom table (the one that has the <HR> in it) is placed in an invalid
    location. IE. it is placed within another tbale, but not within a TR-TD
    thingy.

    Disco, Jul 28, 2003

  3. David Dorward, Jul 28, 2003
  4. bbxrider

    Chris Morris Guest

    "bbxrider" <> writes:
    > i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
    > form is skiipped in netscape??
    > job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
    > must have missed something simple??

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...atically)&charset=iso-8859-1 (Western Europe)

    At a guess, it's one of these 736 errors that's causing it. Try
    fixing them and see if it still doesn't work.

    A lot of them are caused by you using an XHTML doctype for a HTML
    document. Forcing a HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype reduces the number
    of errors to a more manageable 30, so I'd suggest that as a first step.

    --
    Chris

    Chris Morris, Jul 28, 2003
  5. bbxrider

    Denise Enck Guest

    "bbxrider" wrote...
    > i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
    > form is skiipped in netscape??
    > job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
    > must have missed something simple??

    This doesn't address your original question, but your form contains some
    textual errors. I hope it is only a first draft, as there are many errors.
    It doesn't create a very good first impression. For instance:

    The only year of birth option is 2003. (!)

    Euthanasia should not be capitalized. There are a number of other
    capitalization errors as well.

    How many do you work each week?* - should probably be How many hours do you
    work each week?
    and you have "exotic pets" on the checklist below twice.

    The "1/2 brain missing" comment has got to go, too. Don't insult the folks
    who want to volunteer!

    cheers ~
    Denise

    Denise Enck, Jul 28, 2003
  6. bbxrider

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Denise Enck" <> wrote in message

    > The only year of birth option is 2003. (!)

    And the only month is January. I guess you're excluding a large proportion
    of the population by using these DoB constraints.

    In the first field, volunteer job requested, why have you used:
    <SELECT size=1 name="jobRequested" multiple >?
    Why not leave out the 'size=1' and have a proper dropdown - the more so
    because it's a multiple.

    Alan

    Alan D-W, Jul 28, 2003
  7. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    thanks everybody for all your help and suggestions, i now have an error free
    version and will
    try to keep it that way for html 4.01 transitional
    some of page does need additional cleanup work for date ranges, subtle
    jokes, etc.

    thanks especially for the droplist suggestion, however with no size
    attribute, in IE i get 4 choices displayed and in Netscape i get about 12,
    any way to force both browsers to display the same number of choices?

    bbxrider, Jul 28, 2003