form ok in ie but not netscape

bbxrider

i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
form is skiipped in netscape??
job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
must have missed something simple??

Disco

bbxrider said:
i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
form is skiipped in netscape??
job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
must have missed something simple??

the bottom table (the one that has the <HR> in it) is placed in an invalid
location. IE. it is placed within another tbale, but not within a TR-TD
thingy.

Chris Morris

bbxrider said:
i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
form is skiipped in netscape??
job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
must have missed something simple??

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...atically)&charset=iso-8859-1+(Western+Europe)

At a guess, it's one of these 736 errors that's causing it. Try
fixing them and see if it still doesn't work.

A lot of them are caused by you using an XHTML doctype for a HTML
document. Forcing a HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype reduces the number
of errors to a more manageable 30, so I'd suggest that as a first step.

Denise Enck

"bbxrider" wrote...
i have a page with large form that is rendered ok in IE but the whole
form is skiipped in netscape??
job1data.com/phsvolunteer.htm
must have missed something simple??

This doesn't address your original question, but your form contains some
textual errors. I hope it is only a first draft, as there are many errors.
It doesn't create a very good first impression. For instance:

The only year of birth option is 2003. (!)

Euthanasia should not be capitalized. There are a number of other
capitalization errors as well.

How many do you work each week?* - should probably be How many hours do you
work each week?
and you have "exotic pets" on the checklist below twice.

The "1/2 brain missing" comment has got to go, too. Don't insult the folks
who want to volunteer!

cheers ~
Denise

Alan D-W

Denise Enck said:
The only year of birth option is 2003. (!)

And the only month is January. I guess you're excluding a large proportion
of the population by using these DoB constraints.

In the first field, volunteer job requested, why have you used:
<SELECT size=1 name="jobRequested" multiple >?
Why not leave out the 'size=1' and have a proper dropdown - the more so
because it's a multiple.

Alan

bbxrider

thanks everybody for all your help and suggestions, i now have an error free
version and will
try to keep it that way for html 4.01 transitional
some of page does need additional cleanup work for date ranges, subtle
jokes, etc.

thanks especially for the droplist suggestion, however with no size
attribute, in IE i get 4 choices displayed and in Netscape i get about 12,
any way to force both browsers to display the same number of choices?