    the text written each time the values are saved?
    How do I make sure the values are saved when the user clicks on the button?

    TIA

    nate, Nov 10, 2004

  2. nate

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html nate said:

    > I want to have a user enter values in to 2 separate form fields and have
    > those values saved to a text file (actually an .ini file) on their PC.

    1. user fills out form and uploads it to server.
    2. you do whatever you have to do to it.
    3. supply a link to giggly file with instruction on what giggly things
    to do with it.

    > I don't want the user to see or have access to the full text of the .ini file

    tuff

    > How do I save to a local file?

    you cant

    > How do I specify the file name and path to save to?

    you cant

    > How do I modify an existing text file

    you cant

    > or would it be easier to have all of the text written each time the
    > values are saved?

    you'll have to do it that way with your server side script.

    > How do I make sure the values are saved when the user clicks on the button?

    client and server side validation checking the input.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 10, 2004

  3. nate

    Neredbojias Guest

    Without quill or qualm, nate quothed:

    > I want to have a user enter values in to 2 separate form fields and have
    > those values saved to a text file (actually an .ini file) on their PC. I
    > don't want the user to see or have access to the full text of the .ini file

    Yeah, right. Even IE's security isn't that bad, oberlieutnant.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Nov 11, 2004
  4. nate

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, nate <> said:

    > I want to have a user enter values in to 2 separate form fields and have
    > those values saved to a text file (actually an .ini file) on their PC. I
    > don't want the user to see or have access to the full text of the .ini file

    ROFLOL! Sarcasm can be so funny when done properly!

    Umm, you *were* joking, weren't you?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au