    Any idea what's causing this error? any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks for your help.
    Developer

    .Net Developer, Dec 1, 2003

  2. .Net Developer

    bruce barker Guest

    ".Net Developer" <""> wrote in message news:...
    Hope some one can help me here..
    I have a simple .aspx page with few user input fields. It has a parent-child dropdown lists. For some reason when the Autopostback on the parent ddl gets fired, it results a JS error as "Object doesn't support this property or methd." All the attributes of the ddl are set correctly for the postback to work but still this error pops up.
    After much server-side debugging, I noticed that the JS error occurs in the following code :

    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
    var theform = document.Form1;
    theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
    theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
    theform.submit(); => JS Error!!!
    }
    // -->
    </script>

    Debug values: eventTarget => contains ID of the parent ddl
    eventArgument contained ""

    .Net Developer, Dec 1, 2003