Form Submission Automatic To Another URL

degmsb

When a user hits submit on a php form on my site, is it
possible to take the values from the form and submit them to another
form on another Url without the user who submitted the form on my site
knowing?

Essentially once the user on my site hits submit they would get a thank

you page but on the back end I want to take the values from the form
and submit them to a form on another url on another site.

My reason for this is that I run several directories. I want to allow
users to submit at one and also choose to get a submission in the other

directories I run. But I do not want them to see all the back end
processing to submit to the other directories I run I just want to show

them a thank you page and then have the submission happen to the other
directories on the back end.

Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use to
accomplish this? Can it be done with cgi? I need to contact a
programmer and have no idea if they will be telling me right so I want
to get advice first.

Thank you.

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
When a user hits submit on a php form on my site,

I am not sure if you noticed, but there is no 'php' in the name of this
group.
is it possible to take the values from the form and submit them to
another form on another Url without the user who submitted the form
on my site knowing?

The explanation you give below does not explain why this has to be done
steathily. I can only think of nefarious justification of stealth form
redirection, especially since you also chose to remain anonymous.
Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use to
accomplish this?

That part is up to you.
Can it be done with cgi?

I don't know if you have noticed, but there is no 'cgi' in the name of
this group.
I need to contact a programmer and have no idea if they will be
telling me right so I want to get advice first.

What was your Perl question?

It turns out, my recommendation to read

perldoc LWP

would not have been pertinent.

Sinan

Rick Scott

([email protected] uttered:)
When a user hits submit on a php form on my site

Um, I don't see how this is a Perl question. Please be so kind as to
read and adhere to the posting guidelines.

is it possible to take the values from the form and submit them to
another form on another Url without the user who submitted the
form on my site knowing?
Yes.

Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use
to accomplish this?

Any of several. Since your question isn't specifically perl related,
the comp.infosystems.www.* hierarchy of groups is a better place to
ask it. In fact, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi comes to mind.

Can it be done with cgi?

CGI is not a language, it's an interface.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Rick