Form Submission Automatic To Another URL

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by degmsb@hotmail.com, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    When a user hits submit on a php form on my site, is it
    possible to take the values from the form and submit them to another
    form on another Url without the user who submitted the form on my site
    knowing?

    Essentially once the user on my site hits submit they would get a thank

    you page but on the back end I want to take the values from the form
    and submit them to a form on another url on another site.

    My reason for this is that I run several directories. I want to allow
    users to submit at one and also choose to get a submission in the other

    directories I run. But I do not want them to see all the back end
    processing to submit to the other directories I run I just want to show

    them a thank you page and then have the submission happen to the other
    directories on the back end.

    Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use to
    accomplish this? Can it be done with cgi? I need to contact a
    programmer and have no idea if they will be telling me right so I want
    to get advice first.

    Thank you.

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. wrote in news:1140924275.415121.183560
    @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > When a user hits submit on a php form on my site,

    I am not sure if you noticed, but there is no 'php' in the name of this
    group.

    > is it possible to take the values from the form and submit them to
    > another form on another Url without the user who submitted the form
    > on my site knowing?

    The explanation you give below does not explain why this has to be done
    steathily. I can only think of nefarious justification of stealth form
    redirection, especially since you also chose to remain anonymous.

    > Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use to
    > accomplish this?

    That part is up to you.

    > Can it be done with cgi?

    I don't know if you have noticed, but there is no 'cgi' in the name of
    this group.

    > I need to contact a programmer and have no idea if they will be
    > telling me right so I want to get advice first.

    What was your Perl question?

    It turns out, my recommendation to read

    perldoc LWP

    would not have been pertinent.

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Rick Scott Guest

    ( uttered:)
    > When a user hits submit on a php form on my site

    Um, I don't see how this is a Perl question. Please be so kind as to
    read and adhere to the posting guidelines.

    > is it possible to take the values from the form and submit them to
    > another form on another Url without the user who submitted the
    > form on my site knowing?

    Yes.

    > Anybody have any idea on which language or strategy I should use
    > to accomplish this?

    Any of several. Since your question isn't specifically perl related,
    the comp.infosystems.www.* hierarchy of groups is a better place to
    ask it. In fact, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi comes to mind.

    > Can it be done with cgi?

    CGI is not a language, it's an interface.

    > Thank you.

    You're welcome.

    Rick
    --
    key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
    Those silly RFCs are all that separate us from the animals!

    Rick Scott, Feb 26, 2006