<form> tag question

Roshawn

Hi,

Is it possible for a <form> tag that doesn't have the "runat='server'"
attribute to contain HTML controls that do have the "runat='server'"
attribute? The reason I ask is that all examples I've seen place ASP.NET
controls (which have the "runat='server'" attribute by default) inside a
<form> tag that contains the "runat='server'" attribute also.

Thanks,
Roshawn

Curt_C [MVP]

why would you not want the runat=server on the FORM tag? IIRC it's required
to have any serverside .Net functionality.

Roshawn

Hi Curt,

I know that you can have excellent functionality without the use of server
side functionality. The truth is that I'm seeking to create a site that is
as fast as it can possibly be. Creating a site mainly of server side
controls would consume more resources. I'm only trying to limit server side
functionality to where I truly need it most.

Roshawn

Curt_C [MVP]

only use the individual controls, server side, when necessary. You can still
use standard controls when necessary and use the as:control when needed.