    I need to create a form that allows the user to create a resume.

    Would it be better to send the data to a database, then create the resume
    from that, or create it directly from the data entered?
    dancer, Jul 4, 2007

  2. dancer

    Masudur Guest

    Re: Form to create resume

    On Jul 4, 7:21 am, "dancer" <> wrote:
    > Using Asp.net1.1
    >
    > I need to create a form that allows the user to create a resume.
    >
    > Would it be better to send the data to a database, then create the resume
    > from that, or create it directly from the data entered?

    Hi,
    What is the problem...?
    Munna
    Masudur, Jul 4, 2007

  3. I would recommend you to design the template of the kind of resume that you
    are planning to allow the user to create. Then you can use the Wizard
    control to collect the data from the user

    HTH

    DSK Chakravarthy, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Well given you already have the data to hand, it would make sense to process
    it there and then into whatever output format you need - but that may also
    depend on how busy your site is and whether it was more appropriate to do it
    as an offline task, out of hours perhaps.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 4, 2007
  5. Hello dancer,

    I'd consider using InfoPath as the template to fill by user, and then extact
    all necessary info from there.
    This gives user the flexibility to fill his info

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    d> Using Asp.net1.1
    d>
    d> I need to create a form that allows the user to create a resume.
    d>
    d> Would it be better to send the data to a database, then create the
    d> resume from that, or create it directly from the data entered?
    d>
    Michael Nemtsev, Jul 4, 2007
  6. dancer

    dancer Guest

    What is InfoPath?

    dancer, Jul 5, 2007
  7. dancer

    dancer Guest

    What is the "Wizard control"?

    dancer, Jul 5, 2007
  8. re:
    !> What is InfoPath?

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/default.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 5, 2007
  9. Hello dancer,

    See there sample

    http://codebetter.com/blogs/brendan.tompkins/archive/2004/05/24/14323.aspx

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    d> What is InfoPath?
    d>
    d> "Michael Nemtsev" <> wrote in message
    d> news:...
    d>

    Michael Nemtsev, Jul 5, 2007