Form Validation -- Help!

Melissa

I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I have been
working on this form and I cannot seem to get the reqired text behavior
to work correctly.

It is a request for samples. I want some of the info (name,address,
etc) to be required before the form will even submit.

I have assigned a behavior to the form tag to require certain info from
the
potential customer to be filled out. To cover all bases, I have also
specified that the required fields be filled before it will send.
The code is below:

(note: some info has been changed to protect the innocent)

<form action="/cgi-bin/FormProcessor.pl" method="post"
name="SampleRequest" id="SampleRequest"
onSubmit="MM_validateForm('01)Name','','R','03)Title','','R'
,'04)Company
Name','','R','05)Address','','R','06)City','','R','07)State'
,'','R','08)Zip','','R','09)Phone','','R','12)Email','','R') ;return
document.MM_returnValue">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="admin" VALUE="(e-mail address removed)">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="subject" VALUE="Request For Samples">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="redirect"
VALUE="http://www.redirect.htm">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="required" VALUE="Name,Company
Name,Address,City, State,Zip,Telephone,Email">

This seems to work in every browser except IE 6 PC, naturally, it is
the browser used by nearly all of the company's customers.

If you hit the submit button in Firefox (or safari or opera) without
typing something in the required fields, you get this pop up window :
Javascript
The following error(s) occurred:
- 01)Name is required.
- 02)Title is required.
- 04)Company Name is required.
- 05)Address is required.
- 06)City is required.
- 07)State is required.
- 08)Zip is required.
- 09)Phone is required.
- 12)Email is required.

Is there something special you have to do to get this to work in IE 6?

What am I not doing?
The area that is "onSubmit" was done in DWMX, the other "required"
stuff I put in by hand.
Is there something out of place?

Suggestions? Any one?
The actual form in question is here, in a hidden place:
http://www.tomkt.com/testfrom1.htm

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

JDS

I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not. I have been
working on this form and I cannot seem to get the reqired text behavior
to work correctly.

Try comp.lang.javascript