Formatted Listbox?

John Straumann

Hi all:

I am working on a ASP.NET project where a search returns 2 lists of data,
and the customer wants the results displayed in 2 separate views. They then
want the ability to click on an item in either list, and have that item move
to the other list.

I am currently using the ListBox control, and it works fine, but I find the
formatting options to be very light and it simply doesn't look very good. I
looked into using a some of the data controls, but I was not able to
determine if I could implement the requirement of being able to move items
between the grid with a mouse click.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Thanks.

John.
http://mscrmguy.blogspot.com/

John Straumann

Hi Mark:

If you have a look at this page I have put a couple screens:

http://thestraumanns.mine.nu/listboxes.html

The top screen shows the list boxes and it just looks very plain, I have no
ability (at least none that I can find) to change the borders, add column
headers, look and feel, etc.

The bottom screen shows the Grid view from Dynamics CRM and I'd like to have
something close to this, however as I noted when I was fiddling with the
datagrids I could not see how rows can be made "selectable" with a mouse
click as shown in the screen.

Also, I am not sure if you saw my follow-up note to the popup question:

My apologies as I neglected to mention that the popup
window needs to display a "terms and conditions" document (so a fairly large
amount of text) and then react to the click of the "OK" button. I tried to
put a large string in the code below but it did not work. I use mostly code
behind files, but would it be possible to declare a variable in ASP.NET
script that holds the text, and then use the variable name in the return
confirm?

John.