Forms Auth Timeout and Form Data Preservation

Chris

Does anyone know if form data, stuff that the user has typed into a
textbox or selected from a dropdown, is preserved when they have to
re-login through forms authentication?

I'm thinking of a situation where the forms authentication times out
while the user is working on a long form. When they hit the "submit"
button, they will be sent to the login page, and after relogging in,
they will be sent back to the page they were attempting to reach with
the "submit" button.

Any idea if this process will cause all of their work to be lost or
not? If yes, what methods can one employ to keep this from happening?
We would like for them to simply re-login and process the stuff they
typed, but I don't know if that is possible.

Thanks

Damian Maclennan

Hi

This is off the top of my head, I haven't looked into doing this with
ASP.NET.
Does the security module raise an event when a request is invalid because of
a timeout ? If so, you could subscribe to the event and grab all the
request.form values and save them in a database (or file or whatever) with
the user's id. Then check for that next time the come to the form.

Might be worth a look.

Damian