    Does anyone know if html pages can be secured with forms based
    authentication? Is there a web.config setting for this?

    John

    John, Mar 4, 2004

  2. John

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    you would need to put HTML pages to be served by ASP.NET. This goes via
    site's configuration in IIS by associating .html extension with
    aspnet_isapi.dll. After that you can specify permissions for them as you
    would for normal ASP.NEt page.

    --
    Teemu Keiski

    "John" <> wrote in message
    I am using forms authentication for a website. I plan to use some static
    html pages (generated with a tool) on the site as well. I would like the
    html pages to be secured using the forms authentication.

    Currently the html pages can be called and they will bypass the forms
    authentication page.

    Teemu Keiski, Mar 4, 2004

  3. John

    rizwan328

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Yes it's working absolutely fine.

    Thanks Teemu

    Regards,
    Muhammad Rizwan Javed
    Software Engineer
    MechTechnologies, Lahore Pakistan

    rizwan328, Jul 12, 2007
  4. John

    msamarnath

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hello rizwan,

    Can you please explain how did you set the permissions and where? I am also facing the similar problem.

    As Teemu said, I added .html extension with aspnet_isapi.dll in the Virtual directory configuration settings. But i didnt understand how to set the persmissions.

    Thanks in Advance.

    msamarnath, Dec 20, 2007