Forms authentication and WSS

Dennis Dobslaf

I've got a huge problem: forms authetication is not running!

A little details:

First of all I created a test web-application on my local computer. I
have a Default.apsx (the site which should be secured) and a Logon.aspx.
I followed the steps as descriped in the msdn to build a simple forms
auth. So my web.config looks like this:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="EDR_AUTHENTICATION" loginUrl="/eDR/Logon.aspx"
path="/" timeout="10" />
</authentication>

<!-- AUTHORISIERUNG -->
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

and it works fine. Not registered users were redirected to Logon.aspx as
expected.

Now I did the same on server. I really did the same steps (I tried it
again with another simple test app on the server)! And... it doesn't
work. The user doesn't gets redirected to the Logon.aspx but gets the
Default.aspx directly.
The only difference to my local computer is the OS (win2k3 server) and
the WSS installed an the server. We have a second server where WSS is
not installed. And there, the little test app works fine.

Any ideas?

I hope you understand my broken english. ;)