Forms Authentication Problem

MB

Hi guys,

I've been experiencing a problem here with forms authentication.
When I am on one of my wesite's http (non-secure pages) everything works
fine. However, I am using a Shared SSL provided by my hosting company.
However, when I am automaticatically redirected to my login.aspx page (due
to absence of authentication token) it's redirected to an https page. Please
note that my original page was for example:
www.mywebsite.com/orderInfo.aspx. However, I am redirected to
www.secure.mywebsite.com/login.aspx.

Well .. after a user is authenticated (in the login.aspx secure page) .. I
use FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage() ..) method. here is where
the problem lies: Instead of being redirected to the original page
www.mywebsite.com/orderInfo.aspx, it is automatically redirected to the
correct webpage name but within the secure SSL area:
www.secure.mywebsite.com/orderInfo.aspx

has anybody already gone this same problem ?
Any insights ?

Thx a lot guys and have a great week end,

Marc B.
Toronto - Canada

Bruce Barker

the authenication token is stored in a cookie. to the browser
www.mywebsite.com and www.secure.mywebsite.com are two different websites so
the cookies are not shared. you can write a cookie that is shared, so you
will have to override getting and storing the authenication functionality
in .net to work with your setup.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)