Forms Based Authentication, Except on Certain Files

- Steve -

I have a directory that I want to use forms based authentication on.
There's a couple of pages in that directory that I want to allow anonymous
access to. There's also one page that I want to allow anonymous access to,
but if someone is logged in then the page would be slightly different.

How can I allow anonymous access to certain files in a Forms Based
Authentication protected directory?

--

Steve Evans
Email Services

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

IIS controls which kids of files are handed over to ASP.NET, and therefore
which files can be controlled by Forms Authentication. So you can make many
of your adjustments in IIS.
If you want to adjust which web pages are protected by Forms Authentication,
you can do that with the Location tag in your web.config.
Here's more info: