Forms Data to CSV format

Michael Hill

Hello, everybody.

I have a question regarding sending data from a form. I have
volunteered to work on a high-school's website for some competitions
they are hosting. Participants in the competition should go to the
page and fill in the posted registration form: their name, school
sponsoring them, address, etc. The host school would like to have this
data e-mailed to them in CSV format.

Up to now, the web pages I have done have all been static; I am not
familiar with sending data to/from a form. I do not even know what
software to use for this task. In fact, this is my first question: Do
I require a particular feature (Javascript, JAVA, etc.) or can this be
done with plain old HTML?

Somebody please give me some direction.

Thanks all.

Michael

David Dorward

Michael said:
Up to now, the web pages I have done have all been static; I am not
familiar with sending data to/from a form. I do not even know what
software to use for this task. In fact, this is my first question: Do
I require a particular feature (Javascript, JAVA, etc.) or can this be
done with plain old HTML?

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/ is probably the best place to get
started.