Forms Data to CSV format

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Michael Hill, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Michael Hill

    Michael Hill Guest

    Hello, everybody.

    I have a question regarding sending data from a form. I have
    volunteered to work on a high-school's website for some competitions
    they are hosting. Participants in the competition should go to the
    page and fill in the posted registration form: their name, school
    sponsoring them, address, etc. The host school would like to have this
    data e-mailed to them in CSV format.

    Up to now, the web pages I have done have all been static; I am not
    familiar with sending data to/from a form. I do not even know what
    software to use for this task. In fact, this is my first question: Do
    I require a particular feature (Javascript, JAVA, etc.) or can this be
    done with plain old HTML?

    Somebody please give me some direction.

    Thanks all.

    Michael
    Michael Hill, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Michael Hill wrote:
    > Up to now, the web pages I have done have all been static; I am not
    > familiar with sending data to/from a form. I do not even know what
    > software to use for this task. In fact, this is my first question: Do
    > I require a particular feature (Javascript, JAVA, etc.) or can this be
    > done with plain old HTML?

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/ is probably the best place to get
    started.

    --