FormsAuthentication Signout should redirect to frameless page!

Manimaran M

Hi,

I'm using FormsAuthentication in an web application that uses Frames.

When the user clicks on "logout" button, I have the following code:

FormsAuthentication.SignOut();

The challenge here is that, SignOut redirects to the logon page specified in
the <forms> element in Web.Config. As a result, the logon page is loaded in
the same frame.

The requirement is that logon page should never be displayed within a frame
and any redirection to the logon page should behave like a hyperlink with
target="_top" property.

Any idea on how to combat this challenge?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manimaran M.

Hernan de Lahitte

You might use some jscript on the client side (ie onload page event) that
force a top resposition of the page.
In this case, this page will be the login page configured in your Forms
settings.

HernanDL.