FormsAuthentication Signout should redirect to frameless page!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Manimaran M, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Manimaran M

    Manimaran M Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using FormsAuthentication in an web application that uses Frames.

    When the user clicks on "logout" button, I have the following code:

    FormsAuthentication.SignOut();

    The challenge here is that, SignOut redirects to the logon page specified in
    the <forms> element in Web.Config. As a result, the logon page is loaded in
    the same frame.

    The requirement is that logon page should never be displayed within a frame
    and any redirection to the logon page should behave like a hyperlink with
    target="_top" property.

    Any idea on how to combat this challenge?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Manimaran M.

    Manimaran M, Feb 18, 2004

  2. You might use some jscript on the client side (ie onload page event) that
    force a top resposition of the page.
    In this case, this page will be the login page configured in your Forms
    settings.

    HernanDL.

    Hernan de Lahitte, Feb 19, 2004