    tim mackey.
    --------------------------
    67d0ebfec70e8db3
    Tim Mackey, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Tim,

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but using Forms Authentication requires user
    interaction. It isn't suited for WebServices.

    Sincerely
    Svein Terje Gaup

    "Tim Mackey" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a web site that uses normal windows authentication.
    > I have a web service on the site that i want to configure Forms
    > Authentication for, but it obviously doesn't fire unless i change the
    > setting in web.config. is it possible to use formsAuthentication only for
    > the web service?
    >
    > i tried using a custom httpModule, but i don't think my own encryption
    > efforts would be as good as what's used in FormsAuth to encrypt the

    ticket.

    Svein Terje Gaup, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Tim Mackey

    Mary Chipman Guest

    You might want to grab the "Building Secure ASP.NET apps" whitepaper,
    which you can download from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44047. It has
    more than you need, but you can read the rest later when you need it
    :)

    --mary

    Mary Chipman, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Tim Mackey