formsAuthentication without configuring in web.config

Tim Mackey

Hi,
I have a web site that uses normal windows authentication.
I have a web service on the site that i want to configure Forms
Authentication for, but it obviously doesn't fire unless i change the
setting in web.config. is it possible to use formsAuthentication only for
the web service?

i tried using a custom httpModule, but i don't think my own encryption
efforts would be as good as what's used in FormsAuth to encrypt the ticket.

thanks for any tips
tim mackey.

Svein Terje Gaup

Tim,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but using Forms Authentication requires user
interaction. It isn't suited for WebServices.

Sincerely
Svein Terje Gaup