Formview and DropDownlist

Theam Kok Ming

Hi All,

I am a newbie to ASP.Net 2.0 . I would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me
on my doubts

I am building a simple customer registration website.

I have the tables and GridView to display the list of existing customer. I
have another FormView control to insert and edit customer data.

I manage to "drag and drop" the control and data sources. The GridView is
able to display the list of customer and FormView is able to insert, update
and delete too.

The current development stage, I would like to change 3 textboxes to 3
DropDownList namely the City, State and Country.

I manage to bind the City, State and Country list into the 3 newly created
DropDownList.

Here is my problem.

I wanted to filter and display the State List when the user selected a
Country within the Country List. For example is a user selected U.S. then
the State List maybe filter the State Table within the database and return a
list which is only U.S. States like New York, Florida and etc.

I have auto postback enable on the Country DropDownList but the State List
won't "refresh" / "re-populate" itself with the selected Country State
List. I have search several website for the solution but I failed to produce
the result as they did :(

This is the website I refer into
http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/dependentlists/default.aspx

I would appreciate if you can show me some idea or link to some websites
which explain it step by step from top to toe...

Thank you very much!