Formview and DropDownlist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Theam Kok Ming, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. Hi All,

    I am a newbie to ASP.Net 2.0 . I would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me
    on my doubts

    I am building a simple customer registration website.

    I have the tables and GridView to display the list of existing customer. I
    have another FormView control to insert and edit customer data.

    I manage to "drag and drop" the control and data sources. The GridView is
    able to display the list of customer and FormView is able to insert, update
    and delete too.

    The current development stage, I would like to change 3 textboxes to 3
    DropDownList namely the City, State and Country.

    I manage to bind the City, State and Country list into the 3 newly created
    DropDownList.

    Here is my problem.

    I wanted to filter and display the State List when the user selected a
    Country within the Country List. For example is a user selected U.S. then
    the State List maybe filter the State Table within the database and return a
    list which is only U.S. States like New York, Florida and etc.

    I have auto postback enable on the Country DropDownList but the State List
    won't "refresh" / "re-populate" itself with the selected Country State
    List. I have search several website for the solution but I failed to produce
    the result as they did :(

    This is the website I refer into
    http://www.webswapp.com/codesamples/aspnet20/dependentlists/default.aspx

    I would appreciate if you can show me some idea or link to some websites
    which explain it step by step from top to toe...

    Thank you very much!

    Theam Kok Ming, Oct 11, 2006