Frame pages force refresh

dmc2409

Well, I am more a desigber than developer. Need to solve the folloving
problem. I have a page on, lets call it Firstserver. It opens Page1,
Page2 and Page3 on Secondserver through a frame on the mainpage of the
Firstserver. I have big problems with refreshing content of the pages
on the Secondserver. I need a way to delete session cookies of the
pages on the Secondserver ON FIRSTSERVER'S MAINPAGE UNLOAD... and
force Secondserver pages refresh when Mainpage loads the next time. Is
that possible?... Thanks in advance...

Erwin Moller

(e-mail address removed) schreef:
Well, I am more a desigber than developer. Need to solve the folloving
problem. I have a page on, lets call it Firstserver. It opens Page1,
Page2 and Page3 on Secondserver through a frame on the mainpage of the
Firstserver. I have big problems with refreshing content of the pages
on the Secondserver. I need a way to delete session cookies of the
pages on the Secondserver ON FIRSTSERVER'S MAINPAGE UNLOAD... and
force Secondserver pages refresh when Mainpage loads the next time. Is
that possible?... Thanks in advance...

Hi,

If I understand you right, try this:

1) if firstserver mainpage unloads (onUnload event?) call a function in
the frameset, eg doLogOut();
Make sure this routine is in the frameset definition, and not somewhere
on the page of what you call your mainpage.

2) In this routine you replace the content of your relevant frames with
the logout page for that app, eg with:
http://www.mysecondserver.com/logout.php

In this logout.php you place the code to terminate the session.

Does that work?

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Well, I am more a desigber than developer. Need to solve the folloving
problem. I have a page on, lets call it Firstserver. It opens Page1,
Page2 and Page3 on Secondserver through a frame on the mainpage of the
Firstserver. I have big problems with refreshing content of the pages
on the Secondserver. I need a way to delete session cookies of the
pages on the Secondserver ON FIRSTSERVER'S MAINPAGE UNLOAD... and
[1]

force Secondserver pages refresh when Mainpage loads the next time.
[2]

Is that possible?

Maybe.

[^1] Quick hack for http://first.example.com/main.html

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function deleteCookie()
{
window.document.domain = "example.com";
window.frames["content1"].document.cookie =
"previous=;expires=" + (new Date()).toGMTString();
}
</script>
</head>

<frameset cols="200,*" onunload="deleteCookie()">
<frame src="navigation.html" name="navigation">
<frameset rows="33%,*,*">
<frame name="content1" src="http://second.example.com/page1.html">
<frame name="content2" src="http://second.example.com/page2.html">
<frame name="content3" src="http://second.example.com/page3.html">
</frameset>
</frameset>

[^2] http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/
... Thanks in advance...

You're welcome. BTW, your `.' key appears to be malfunctioning.

PointedEars