Frames alternative. .net?????

DaveF

I have an ASP site that has a frameset below. I am in the process of
redesigning/coding in ASP.NET. What are my alternatives to framesets. The
execute frame does most of the processing. This is a very data intensive
site.

<frameset id="FrameCols" cols = "137,*" border=0>
<frameset rows="100,*">
<frame name="logoFrame" src="logo.asp" scrolling="no">
<frame name="leftFrame" src="ThemeMenu.asp" scrolling="no">
</frameset>

<frameset id=fsRight rows = "51,*,50">
<frame name="topFrame" src="ThemeTop.asp" scrolling="no" >
<frame name="content" src="home.asp" scrolling="auto" >
<frame name="execute" src="blank.htm" scrolling="yes">
</frameset>
</frameset>

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If the idea behind using frames is to not repeat the same elements on every
page (menus, et al), you can set up a tabled page and put common elements
into either user controls or server controls. With Whidbey (VS.NET 2005),
you also have the option of Master Pages.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

S. Justin Gengo

A user control dropped onto the page (kind of like include files in .asp)
are a great replacement for a frame.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

A. Elamiri

I personally hate frames, I prefer just messing with tables, and if I
absolutley need frames then I use IFRAMES. Furthermore, I can't quite tell
what you want to accomplish with those frames but I would recommend you stay
away from them.

Curt_C [MVP]

Wait till it's public, goto a MS Event possibly.
It's not officially out yet as a public beta I dont believe

Matt Berther

Hello DaveF,
How do I get my hands on a Whidbey Beta????

It's not available via a public beta yet, however, if you have an MSDN Universal subscription, it is available via the Subscriber Downloads.

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi,

If you are talking about the techpreview2005 the 2.6 GB Download, that is
not beta is it ?

Wanted to know if we can get it on CD's during the devdays2004 event any
one any ideas?

Thanks.
Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hello DaveF,