Frames

Guest

Hello,

Am very new to ASP.Net and HTML.

I have a frame defination html file with 2 frames:
1. frSearch
The source is: WebReceiverSearch.aspx
2. frResults
The source is: WebResults.aspx

I want to accept a client code in the search frame (ie:
WebReceiverSearch.aspx) and populate the results in (ie:
WebReceiverResults.aspx).

I currently use a cmd button in the search panel and redirect it to the
results page, but that comes into the same frame as WebReceiverSearch.aspx

I want to be able to open the WebReceiverResults.aspx in the results frame.
How can i do that?

Thanks with regards
Ishan

Steve Richter

Ishan said:
Hello,

Am very new to ASP.Net and HTML.

I have a frame defination html file with 2 frames:
1. frSearch
The source is: WebReceiverSearch.aspx
2. frResults
The source is: WebResults.aspx

I want to accept a client code in the search frame (ie:
WebReceiverSearch.aspx) and populate the results in (ie:
WebReceiverResults.aspx).

I currently use a cmd button in the search panel and redirect it to the
results page, but that comes into the same frame as WebReceiverSearch.aspx

I want to be able to open the WebReceiverResults.aspx in the results frame.
How can i do that?

Thanks with regards
Ishan

Well, you could do a response.redirect in the search.aspx document
which uses querystring to repost the parent document, which in turns
loads a new document in each child frame.

also, a document in an iframe can refer to its parent document. so the
iframe child could run javascript in the parent. That javascript could
click an anchor with a target that is the results frame.

-Steve