free handy serial tool needed

Steven Woody

hi,

i've been alwasy finding a handy tool to let me interact with serial
( rs232 ) traffics. i need to:

1, see what received in serial port, in string and hexadeciamal
formats as i selected.
2, send string via serial port
3, send binary data via serial port ( in the form of hexadecimal
strings )

is there a free tool to do this? thanks.

-
woody

Sachin Gole

hi,

i've been alwasy finding a handy tool to let me interact with serial
( rs232 ) traffics. i need to:

1, see what received in serial port, in string and hexadeciamal
formats as i selected.
2, send string via serial port
3, send binary data via serial port ( in the form of hexadecimal
strings )

is there a free tool to do this? thanks.

-
woody

hello ,

there are number of free tools available on internet,
"Terminal" is best tool to work on serial devices.

You just google "Terminal" you will get it.

with terminal you can send and receive data. lot of good features are
also available with it.

Steven Woody

hello ,

there are number of free tools available on internet,
"Terminal" is best tool to work on serial devices.

You just google "Terminal" you will get it.

with terminal you can send and receive data. lot of good features are
also available with it.

:( Terminal is a very general word, it's so hard to let google guess
what i want ;( actually there is a movie in 2004 named "Terminal" ;-)

-
woody