free python hosting !

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bayazee, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. Bayazee

    Bayazee Guest

    hi
    i want a free hosting for python .
    so i can make my scripts and upload to server .
    i want to use mod_python ...

    -----------------------------------------------------
    www.python.ir --> Persian Python Community !
    Bayazee, Jul 10, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Bayazee

    John Salerno Guest

    Bayazee wrote:

    > i want a free hosting for python .
    > so i can make my scripts and upload to server .
    > i want to use mod_python ...


    good luck with that...
    John Salerno, Jul 10, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Bayazee

    tac-tics Guest

    tac-tics, Jul 10, 2006
    #3
  4. Bayazee

    Bayazee Guest

    Re: free python hosting!

    Thanx .... !!

    -----------------------------------------------------
    www.python.ir --> Persian Python Community !
    Bayazee, Jul 10, 2006
    #4
  5. Bayazee

    John Salerno Guest

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Bayazee wrote:
    >
    >> i want a free hosting for python .
    >> so i can make my scripts and upload to server .
    >> i want to use mod_python ...

    >
    > good luck with that...


    p.s. you might look into http://dollar-hosting.org/

    it's very cheap and supposedly supports mod_python, although i could
    never get it to work, so some effort and communication with them might
    be required...
    John Salerno, Jul 10, 2006
    #5
  6. John Salerno wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    > > Bayazee wrote:
    > >
    > >> i want a free hosting for python .
    > >> so i can make my scripts and upload to server .
    > >> i want to use mod_python ...

    > >
    > > good luck with that...

    >
    > p.s. you might look into http://dollar-hosting.org/
    >
    > it's very cheap and supposedly supports mod_python, although i could
    > never get it to work, so some effort and communication with them might
    > be required...


    I'm curious, why it didn't work?
    I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
    they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
    can install other scripts on demand.
    But I never tried them though...
    I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
    possible.

    Thanks!
    Luis
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jul 10, 2006
    #6
  7. Bayazee wrote:
    > hi
    > i want a free hosting for python .


    Then setting up your own hosting might be a good solution - if you can
    have a decent internet connection.

    > www.python.ir --> Persian Python Community !


    I'm afraid I won't be able to contribute !-)

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    python -c "print '@'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for
    p in ''.split('@')])"
    Bruno Desthuilliers, Jul 11, 2006
    #7
  8. Bayazee

    John Salerno Guest

    Luis M. González wrote:

    > I'm curious, why it didn't work?
    > I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
    > they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
    > can install other scripts on demand.
    > But I never tried them though...
    > I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
    > possible.


    Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
    to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
    mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
    different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
    worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
    simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.

    Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
    shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
    refund.
    John Salerno, Jul 11, 2006
    #8
  9. John Salerno wrote:
    > Luis M. González wrote:
    >
    > > I'm curious, why it didn't work?
    > > I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
    > > they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
    > > can install other scripts on demand.
    > > But I never tried them though...
    > > I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
    > > possible.

    >
    > Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
    > to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
    > mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
    > different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
    > worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
    > simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.
    >
    > Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
    > shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
    > refund.


    I see.
    Perhaps the solution to these problems is configuring your handlers as
    ..htaccess in your web folders. This way, you don't need to ask your
    hosting provider to fiddle with Apache configurations in order to suit
    your needs.
    I know by working on my own computer that these configurations are very
    tricky...
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jul 11, 2006
    #9
  10. Bayazee

    John Salerno Guest

    Luis M. González wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >> Luis M. González wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm curious, why it didn't work?
    >>> I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
    >>> they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
    >>> can install other scripts on demand.
    >>> But I never tried them though...
    >>> I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
    >>> possible.

    >> Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
    >> to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
    >> mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
    >> different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
    >> worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
    >> simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.
    >>
    >> Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
    >> shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
    >> refund.

    >
    > I see.
    > Perhaps the solution to these problems is configuring your handlers as
    > .htaccess in your web folders. This way, you don't need to ask your
    > hosting provider to fiddle with Apache configurations in order to suit
    > your needs.
    > I know by working on my own computer that these configurations are very
    > tricky...
    >


    I tried that too, but I just think that something wasn't right on their
    end. Some days I would see certain configurations, and then the next day
    it was gone and then later back again. It was obvious they were changing
    things and adding extra support, but it just never worked for me.

    But I do encourage you to try it. You're probably more knowledgeable
    than I am on the subject anyway, and at the least you can get a refund.
    John Salerno, Jul 11, 2006
    #10
  11. John Salerno wrote:
    > Luis M. González wrote:
    > > John Salerno wrote:
    > >> Luis M. González wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> I'm curious, why it didn't work?
    > >>> I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
    > >>> they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
    > >>> can install other scripts on demand.
    > >>> But I never tried them though...
    > >>> I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
    > >>> possible.
    > >> Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
    > >> to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
    > >> mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
    > >> different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
    > >> worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
    > >> simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.
    > >>
    > >> Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
    > >> shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
    > >> refund.

    > >
    > > I see.
    > > Perhaps the solution to these problems is configuring your handlers as
    > > .htaccess in your web folders. This way, you don't need to ask your
    > > hosting provider to fiddle with Apache configurations in order to suit
    > > your needs.
    > > I know by working on my own computer that these configurations are very
    > > tricky...
    > >

    >
    > I tried that too, but I just think that something wasn't right on their
    > end. Some days I would see certain configurations, and then the next day
    > it was gone and then later back again. It was obvious they were changing
    > things and adding extra support, but it just never worked for me.
    >
    > But I do encourage you to try it. You're probably more knowledgeable
    > than I am on the subject anyway, and at the least you can get a refund.


    Thanks for your comments!
    I'll take this hosting service into account for my future website...

    Luis
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jul 11, 2006
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mutant
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    422
    mutant
    Nov 27, 2005
  2. Remi Delon
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    787
    Remi Delon
    Jan 19, 2005
  3. Jpgs.com.au
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    620
    dorayme
    Jan 8, 2007
  4. george
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,082
    george
    Aug 29, 2008
  5. teo1991
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    528
    teo1991
    Apr 2, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page