free python hosting !

Bayazee

hi
i want a free hosting for python .
so i can make my scripts and upload to server .
i want to use mod_python ...

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=

John said:
p.s. you might look into http://dollar-hosting.org/

it's very cheap and supposedly supports mod_python, although i could
never get it to work, so some effort and communication with them might
be required...

I'm curious, why it didn't work?
I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
can install other scripts on demand.
But I never tried them though...
I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
possible.

Thanks!
Luis

John Salerno

Luis said:
I'm curious, why it didn't work?
I sent them an email recently, asking about mod_python support, and
they replied afirmatively, and very quickly. They also said that they
can install other scripts on demand.
But I never tried them though...
I'd like to know more about your experience with this hosting, if
possible.

Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.

Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
refund.

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=

John said:
Their support was always great, and they tried several things to get it
to work, but I soon got the feeling that although they "support"
mod_python, they didn't really have it set up correctly. They tried
different variations of setting up the proper handlers, but nothing ever
worked for me, whereas other places I've tried with mod_python, it
simply works when you go to a .psp page, for example.

Perhaps by now they've fixed it. It is certainly cheap enough to give a
shot, and they allow you a few months in which you can cancel and get a
refund.

I see.
Perhaps the solution to these problems is configuring your handlers as
..htaccess in your web folders. This way, you don't need to ask your
hosting provider to fiddle with Apache configurations in order to suit
your needs.
I know by working on my own computer that these configurations are very
tricky...

John Salerno

Luis said:
I see.
Perhaps the solution to these problems is configuring your handlers as
.htaccess in your web folders. This way, you don't need to ask your
hosting provider to fiddle with Apache configurations in order to suit
your needs.
I know by working on my own computer that these configurations are very
tricky...

I tried that too, but I just think that something wasn't right on their
end. Some days I would see certain configurations, and then the next day
it was gone and then later back again. It was obvious they were changing
things and adding extra support, but it just never worked for me.

But I do encourage you to try it. You're probably more knowledgeable
than I am on the subject anyway, and at the least you can get a refund.

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=

John said:
I tried that too, but I just think that something wasn't right on their
end. Some days I would see certain configurations, and then the next day
it was gone and then later back again. It was obvious they were changing
things and adding extra support, but it just never worked for me.

But I do encourage you to try it. You're probably more knowledgeable
than I am on the subject anyway, and at the least you can get a refund.

Thanks for your comments!
I'll take this hosting service into account for my future website...

Luis