free script to email form results with attachment?

joonipur

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me if they know of a free asp
script to handle form processing with a file attachment. I just need
the form to email the data to one address, but my form also has a
place where the user can browse to an attachment, that then needs to
be sent along with the results email.

I have looked everywhere and I haven't found one. I found a couple
great scripts that I was able to get working that will email the form
results. I've tried reading up on how to get it to also handle an
attachment, using the ASPEmail AddAttachment component, but I can't
seem to make it work.

If anyone has any info or suggestions, I'd be much appreciated. I'm
sure this isn't a difficult thing, but I'm new to ASP and scripting in
general.

Thanks very much for your time :)
Joon

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

The process would typically be:

Handle upload with your component, save file to file system, create mail
object, assign To, From, etc. properties to mail object, attach file to mail
object, send mail object, delete file from file system.

Which part are you stuck on? Are you using an upload component?

Ray at home