free script to email form results with attachment?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by joonipur@shaw.ca, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me if they know of a free asp
    script to handle form processing with a file attachment. I just need
    the form to email the data to one address, but my form also has a
    place where the user can browse to an attachment, that then needs to
    be sent along with the results email.

    I have looked everywhere and I haven't found one. I found a couple
    great scripts that I was able to get working that will email the form
    results. I've tried reading up on how to get it to also handle an
    attachment, using the ASPEmail AddAttachment component, but I can't
    seem to make it work.

    If anyone has any info or suggestions, I'd be much appreciated. I'm
    sure this isn't a difficult thing, but I'm new to ASP and scripting in
    general.

    Thanks very much for your time :)
    Joon

    , Nov 28, 2004

  2. The process would typically be:

    Handle upload with your component, save file to file system, create mail
    object, assign To, From, etc. properties to mail object, attach file to mail
    object, send mail object, delete file from file system.

    Which part are you stuck on? Are you using an upload component?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Nov 28, 2004