free xml to c++ binding tool

B.C.

Do you know if there is free tool for generating c++ code (that reads xml)
from dtd or xsd files?

Thanks

Abecedarian

B.C. said:
These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know (xerces-c is
the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would
use).

Why not use JAXB? ;-)

Old-fashioned (a.k.a. "Modern") C++ is not concerned with 'advanced'
technologies like XML-binding.
I am looking for a similar product with this one found here:
http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/?google but free.

Disclaimer: "Haven't used them, don't recommend them:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~boris/xsc/
http://xcg.sourceforge.net/
http://ximol.sourceforge.net/

I would appreciate if you try one ore more of these and post your
experiences.

::A::

Lionel B

Abecedarian said:
use).

Why not use JAXB? ;-)

Old-fashioned (a.k.a. "Modern") C++ is not concerned with 'advanced'
technologies like XML-binding.

Correction: C++ expects you to use the appropriate library for the appropriate technology.

Larry I Smith

B.C. said:
Larry,

These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know (xerces-c is
the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would use).
I am looking for a similar product with this one found here:
http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/?google but free.

B.C.

Please don't top-post.

Yes, you are correct, these libs don't generate C++ code.
They provide the XML API's for you, so you don't have to
generate your own code.

Regards,
Larry