    Do you know if there is free tool for generating c++ code (that reads xml)
    from dtd or xsd files?

    Thanks
    B.C., May 13, 2005

  2. Larry I Smith, May 13, 2005

  3. B.C.

    B.C. Guest

    Larry,

    These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know (xerces-c is
    the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would use).
    I am looking for a similar product with this one found here:
    http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/?google but free.

    B.C.

    B.C., May 13, 2005
  4. B.C.

    Abecedarian Guest

    B.C. wrote:
    > These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know

    (xerces-c is
    > the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would

    use).

    Why not use JAXB? ;-)

    Old-fashioned (a.k.a. "Modern") C++ is not concerned with 'advanced'
    technologies like XML-binding.

    > I am looking for a similar product with this one found here:
    > http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/?google but free.

    Disclaimer: "Haven't used them, don't recommend them:

    http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~boris/xsc/
    http://xcg.sourceforge.net/
    http://ximol.sourceforge.net/

    I would appreciate if you try one ore more of these and post your
    experiences.

    ::A::
    Abecedarian, May 13, 2005
  5. B.C.

    Lionel B Guest

    [Troll alert] Re: free xml to c++ binding tool

    "Abecedarian" <> wrote in message news:...
    > B.C. wrote:
    > > These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know

    > (xerces-c is
    > > the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would

    > use).
    >
    > Why not use JAXB? ;-)
    >
    > Old-fashioned (a.k.a. "Modern") C++ is not concerned with 'advanced'
    > technologies like XML-binding.

    Correction: C++ expects you to use the appropriate library for the appropriate technology.

    --
    Lionel B
    Lionel B, May 13, 2005
  6. B.C. wrote:
    > Larry,
    >
    > These libraries do not generate c++ classes as far as I know (xerces-c is
    > the xml parser for c++; this is something that the binding tool would use).
    > I am looking for a similar product with this one found here:
    > http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/?google but free.
    >
    > B.C.
    >
    > "Larry I Smith" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>B.C. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you know if there is free tool for generating c++ code (that reads

    > xml)
    >
    >>>from dtd or xsd files?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/
    >>http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/
    >>http://xml.apache.org/
    >>
    >>Larry
    >>
    >>--
    >>Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly.

    Please don't top-post.

    Yes, you are correct, these libs don't generate C++ code.
    They provide the XML API's for you, so you don't have to
    generate your own code.

    Regards,
    Larry

    Larry I Smith, May 13, 2005