freeze and expat

Discussion in 'Python' started by Operation Latte Thunder, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. I am playing around with jabberpy, and on a lark decided to try to freeze
    one of the included samples, test_client.py

    The freeze/build worked fine, but when I attempted to run the resulting
    binary, I got an error hinting that it couldn't find parsers.expat:

    canal:/home/chris/build% ./test_client
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/chris/build/../test_client.py", line 15, in ?
    import jabber
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/jabber.py", line 67, in ?
    import xmlstream
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/xmlstream.py", line 36, in ?
    import xml.parsers.expat
    ImportError: No module named parsers.expat

    I have tried this with python2.3.5 and 2.4.1, and played around with the -m
    option on the freeze cmd line, but no joy. Google seems to delight in
    frustating me...

    In a much simpler case than the test_client.py, the following also fails:

    import xml.parsers.expat
    print "Hello world"

    Though it runs from the interpreter... ideas?

    Operation Latte Thunder, Apr 21, 2005