freeze in python3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Patrick Stinson, Dec 10, 2009.

  1. NOTE: This is related but is not a duplicate of my post from yesterday.

    Has anyone used Tools/freeze/freeze.py in python3? I tried it with a
    clean source distribution and for some reason freeze.py is generating
    code that uses the old naming convention for module init functions. I
    get the following unresolved symbols for the default hello.py:

    Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_init_codecs", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_functools", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_thread", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initerrno", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initposix", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initgc", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_locale", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_io", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_sre", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initimp", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initpwd", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_init_weakref", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initsignal", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o
    "_initzipimport", referenced from:
    __PyImport_Inittab in config.o

    For example, initerrno should now be PyInit_errno. Am I missing something?

    Patrick Stinson, Dec 10, 2009

  2. > For example, initerrno should now be PyInit_errno. Am I missing something?

    No; freeze hasn't been ported to Python 3 yet. Contributions are welcome.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin v. Loewis, Dec 10, 2009

  3. awesome!