freeze in python3

Patrick Stinson

NOTE: This is related but is not a duplicate of my post from yesterday.

Has anyone used Tools/freeze/freeze.py in python3? I tried it with a
clean source distribution and for some reason freeze.py is generating
code that uses the old naming convention for module init functions. I
get the following unresolved symbols for the default hello.py:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"_init_codecs", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_functools", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_thread", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initerrno", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initposix", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initgc", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_locale", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_io", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_sre", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initimp", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initpwd", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_init_weakref", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initsignal", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o
"_initzipimport", referenced from:
__PyImport_Inittab in config.o

For example, initerrno should now be PyInit_errno. Am I missing something?

Martin v. Loewis

For example, initerrno should now be PyInit_errno. Am I missing something?

No; freeze hasn't been ported to Python 3 yet. Contributions are welcome.

Regards,
Martin