Freeze with wxpython on python 2.3 or python 2.4 on Win32 with Thread

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tsubasa[Hokage], Jan 26, 2005.

  1. first problem:

    With Idle environnement under Win32, all freeze after with bunch of
    code:

    #!/usr/bin/python
    import threading,time

    class T (threading.Thread) :
    def __init__(self,_a,_b) :
    threading.Thread.__init__(self)
    self.a = _a
    self.b = _b
    def run(self) :
    print "T(%d,%d)"%(self.a,self.b)
    time.sleep(3)
    print "T(%d,%d)=>%d"%(self.a,self.b,self.a+self.b)
    return self.a+self.b

    t = T(3,5)
    t.start()

    All freeze when sleep command are execute.
    Second part of this problem, I have a GUI in wxpython, when I create
    new thread i can't write new data in widget like a multibox when i am
    in a thread :( but i can retrieve data ( GetValue works but SetValue
    freeze ).

    Thanks
    Tsubasa[Hokage], Jan 26, 2005