friend template function in distant namespace

Noah Roberts

How does one declare friendship with a function in a different
namespace? I figured this would do:

namespace howdy
{
template < typename T, typename T2 >
void f(T);
}

namespace bob
{
struct wtf
{
template < typename T >
friend void howdy::f(T);
};
}

But at least in VS it does not: error C2063: 'howdy::f' : not a function

Öö Tiib

How does one declare friendship with a function in a different
namespace?  I figured this would do:

namespace howdy
{
   template < typename T, typename T2 >
   void f(T);

}

namespace bob
{
   struct wtf
   {
     template < typename T >
     friend void howdy::f(T);

Your template function has different number of template parameters
than the friend here. Write here:

Noah Roberts

How does one declare friendship with a function in a different
namespace? I figured this would do:

namespace howdy
{
template < typename T, typename T2 >
void f(T);
}

namespace bob
{
struct wtf
{
template < typename T >
friend void howdy::f(T);
};
}

But at least in VS it does not: error C2063: 'howdy::f' : not a function

NVM. I should have been paying more attention.