Friendly Urls with page title in (eg. page-title.aspx)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by anthonykallay@googlemail.com, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    I am trying to rewrite my url's for SEO purposes and have read this
    great article below

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/02/26/tip-trick-url-rewri...

    I can follow all the steps but all it really tells me is how to go
    form page.aspx?id=1 --> page-1.aspx, what i really want to do is
    actually what they have done and have the subject line in the url,
    such as "tip-trick-url-rewriting-with-asp-net.aspx"

    I appreciate this is probably just a step on from what they are
    talking about but cant quite see how it is done, any ideas??

    Cheers
    anthony

    , Apr 24, 2007

  2. David Guest

    With URL re-writing, you cna change the destination path to anything you
    want. It doesn't have to exist, so for example...

    page-1.aspx could very easily be ashfieldfocus/1/david.aspx

    You just need to have a unique path for each file. In this case, I convert
    the is=1 to a folder name called 1.

    When it works, it is really quite cool.
    --
    Best regards,