    CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    Cheers,

    Joe.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008

  2. Joe

    Els Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
    > CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
    CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
    requirements for the site.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jun 22, 2008

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a
    >> XHTML
    >> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    > Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
    > CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
    > requirements for the site.

    I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

    Joe.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008
  4. Joe

    Els Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a
    >>> XHTML
    >>> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    >> Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
    >> CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
    >> requirements for the site.

    > I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

    Then I don't see how you can start a portfolio. As far as I know, a
    portfolio is a showcase of the work you have done already. Whether
    that is commercial work or voluntary stuff done for free, doesn't
    matter. So, if it's just the word "client" that doesn't work for you,
    read my reply again, and replace the word "client" with "site owner".

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jun 22, 2008
  5. On Jun 22, 10:54 am, "Joe" <> wrote:
    > What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
    > CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    So are you looking at adding lies?
    Travis Newbury, Jun 22, 2008
  6. Joe

    Joe Guest

    > What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
    > CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    So are you looking at adding lies?

    No, why do you say that?

    Joe.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008
  7. Joe wrote:

    > when going for a job as a XHTML [and] CSS front end web developer?

    Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

    http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

    Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 22, 2008
  8. Joe

    Joe Guest

    > Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

    No, its what the company is asking for.

    > http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

    I know of the reasons why it is bad to use XHTML.

    > Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

    No, just single page sites.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008
  9. Joe wrote:

    (Beauregard wrote: [please don't snip attributes, thanks])
    >> Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

    > No, its what the company is asking for.

    Ah. Is this a web shop, or a commercial client? If a web shop, tell them
    (politely, of course) the error of their ways.

    >> http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

    > I know of the reasons why it is bad to use XHTML.

    Feel free to give them the link. <g>

    >> Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

    > No, just single page sites.

    Well, even one-page sites may qualify for a portfolio - depends on what
    they are about, of course. Care to share any of the links?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 22, 2008
  10. On Jun 22, 1:41 pm, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
    > Do it right and it will go a long way to showing that you
    > really are a skilled web developer and not some idiot who
    > read a "Complete Idiot's Guide For Dummies" book and then
    > went into business.

    But remember, those complete idiots are the ones making fortune 500
    websites. So choose your path wisely...
    Travis Newbury, Jun 22, 2008
  11. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
    > CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

    Would a cool CSS techniques page help me get a job?

    Cheers,

    Joe.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008
  12. Joe

    Joe Guest

    > Well, even one-page sites may qualify for a portfolio - depends on what
    > they are about, of course. Care to share any of the links?

    No, they're fixed width sites. I've visited alt.html.critique and know what
    you guys think of fixed width.

    Cheers,

    Joe.
    Joe, Jun 22, 2008
  13. Jim Moe wrote:

    > On 06/22/08 07:54 am, Joe wrote:
    >> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
    >> CSS front end web developer?
    >>

    > What is a "front end web developer"?
    > (I have my own definition. Just wondering about yours.)

    You only do index.html. You have minions to do the rest. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Is your ISP dropping Usenet?
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 22, 2008
  14. Joe

    +mrcakey Guest

    "Neredbojias" <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/fliam.php> wrote in
    message news:Xns9AC5CCF215428neredbojiasnano@194.177.96.78...
    > On 22 Jun 2008, Jim Moe <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 06/22/08 07:54 am, Joe wrote:
    >>> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a
    >>> XHTML CSS front end web developer?
    >>>

    >> What is a "front end web developer"?
    >> (I have my own definition. Just wondering about yours.)

    > - A training bra.
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias

    ROFL!