    anyone know how to ftp a file to a remote server using asp?

    mark

    , Dec 7, 2005

  2. you have to find a component to do that.
    there used to be one years ago but I do not know if there still is...

    handy if you need to export some info, zip it, and then ftp somewhere every
    so often

    for whatever reason.. (a book that gets printed like a real estate catalog
    might be one)

    Larry Randolf, Dec 7, 2005

    And here is a pure ASP (i.e. no components) resource for letting the
    user upload a file to your own server which is something that was
    unfortunately not built into ASP:

    ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
    http://aspzone.com/articles/160.aspx

    The above free code has worked well for me and you can copy and paste
    the code sample which is white on gray (what were they thinking?) or
    just highlight it and it becomes black on white.

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

    , Dec 7, 2005
  4. Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 7, 2005

    it will have to publish a file remoteley (for a stock request that goes
    to a 3rd party site)

    any tips?

    , Dec 11, 2005