Ftp a file using asp?

Larry Randolf

you have to find a component to do that.
there used to be one years ago but I do not know if there still is...

handy if you need to export some info, zip it, and then ftp somewhere every
so often

for whatever reason.. (a book that gets printed like a real estate catalog
might be one)

paul

And here is a pure ASP (i.e. no components) resource for letting the
user upload a file to your own server which is something that was
unfortunately not built into ASP:

ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
http://aspzone.com/articles/160.aspx

The above free code has worked well for me and you can copy and paste
the code sample which is white on gray (what were they thinking?) or
just highlight it and it becomes black on white.

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

markrush

it will have to publish a file remoteley (for a stock request that goes
to a 3rd party site)

any tips?