fully horizontal menu

Sergio E.

Hi group,

I write this post with the following question:

How can I to build an absolutely horizontal menu?, This is because I can't
find how can I configure the menu component of asp.net 2.0 in vs2005.

I need somthing like this:

the root menu in this form
| File | Tools | .... | Exit |

and then, when i move the mouse over an option (like File option), I wish
the submenu to be horizontal too like this:
| File | Tools | .... | Exit |
| New | Save | Print |

where the char "|" is only the separator between menu items

Thank you so much for your helo
Greetings
Sergio E.

Tim Mackey

hi sergio
this is very possible. i'm sure there are some 3rd party controls out there
that have this behavour. a google search for asp.net dhtml menu control
will give you plenty of options.
alternatively you can roll your own. there is an excellent sample menu on
http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Menu.aspx which users CSS Adapters to
re-write the html output for the asp.net menu control. personally i prefer
to use CSS hover attributes with pure list-based HTML for the menu items to
achieve the dropdown effect. if you're good at CSS and HTML, it shouldn't
be too difficult to absolutely position the submenu under the root menu
item.
if i were in your shoes, i would get a working html page just with html and
css, no asp.net menu controls etc. then at least you know the html output
that you are trying to achieve with the adapter.

good luck
tim

Sergio E.

Thank you very much Tim,