    parse my input for metacharacters and add a \ infront of it.

    Thanks.

    JP

    kelly, Jan 3, 2006

  2. kelly

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <>, kelly <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have this line that I have problem with..
    >
    > s/$tmpvar//mgi;
    >
    > The problem is sometimes $tmpvar = "annotationmarking +",
    > with metacharacters. Is there a regx option or perl function
    > that ignores metacharacter. Or should I go ahead and
    > parse my input for metacharacters and add a \ infront of it.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > JP

    You are posting the same messages independently to alt.perl and
    comp.lang.perl. Please do not do that. I already wasted my time
    responding to one of your posts in comp.lang.perl that was already
    answered by Paul in alt.perl. If you must post to both groups, post one
    message to multiple groups (cross-post).

    And as I explained before, comp.lang.perl is defunct. Please do not
    start threads there.

    Thanks.

    http://www.usenet.com

    Jim Gibson, Jan 3, 2006