Fw: Is this a good idea or a waste of time?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hendrik van Rooyen, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. "Simon Forman" <> wrote:

    8<-------------------------------------------------------------

    | BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
    | just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)

    or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Hendrik van Rooyen

    Simon Forman Guest

    Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
    > "Simon Forman" <> wrote:
    >
    > 8<-------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > | BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
    > | just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)
    >
    > or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik

    It is, but technically it's not. English is more bizarrer that that..
    It depends or the number of syllables in the word: one or two, add
    '-er'; three or more (or if the two-syllable-er word "sounds lame"),
    use "more"...

    English, the perl of natural languages.. lol (Apparently Dutch is
    pretty weird too..)

    Peace,
    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Aug 25, 2006

  3. "Simon Forman" <> Wrote:

    | Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
    | > "Simon Forman" <> wrote:
    | >
    | > 8<-------------------------------------------------------------
    | >
    | > | BTW, speaking of "strictness", "more stricter" is invalid English,
    | > | just "stricter" is the "correct" form. ;-)
    | >
    | > or alternatively the construct "more strict" is also acceptable - Hendrik
    |
    | It is, but technically it's not. English is more bizarrer that that..

    LOL!

    | It depends or the number of syllables in the word: one or two, add
    | '-er'; three or more (or if the two-syllable-er word "sounds lame"),
    | use "more"...
    |
    | English, the perl of natural languages.. lol (Apparently Dutch is
    | pretty weird too..)
    |
    | Peace,
    | ~Simon

    *grin* my Dutch is Dangerous - its actually Afrikaans - a highly simplified
    variant that is poison to good Dutch...

    I like the rule about the syllables - would never remember it in the heat of
    battle though...

    - Hendrik

    Hendrik van Rooyen, Aug 26, 2006