FW: php vs python

Phil Runciman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Stuckle [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 May 2008 1:48 p.m.
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Re: php vs python

Ivan said:
No. Language does matter.

Yes it does matter.

I have programmed in many assembly and higher level languages.

In OldenTimes:
In Algol 60 I was productive from the start.
KDF9 Usercode (Assembly) was brilliant. (A bigger HW stack would have
made it even better).
IBM 360 Assembly was poorer but not a disaster.
PL1 was a mess. You could write good code but why bother?
COBOL was fit for purpose and when combined with Jackson structured
programming could be used straight away by rooky programmers in business
systems programming. I am sure it has progressed since ANSI 68.

The Inuit have 13 terms for snow. Microsoft advocate DSLs. Why have DSLs
if language does not matter?

My 2c worth.

blaine

I have programmed in many assembly and higher level languages.

In OldenTimes:
In Algol 60 I was productive from the start.
KDF9 Usercode (Assembly) was brilliant. (A bigger HW stack would have
made it even better).
IBM 360 Assembly was poorer but not a disaster.
PL1 was a mess. You could write good code but why bother?
COBOL was fit for purpose and when combined with Jackson structured
programming could be used straight away by rooky programmers in business
systems programming. I am sure it has progressed since ANSI 68.

The Inuit have 13 terms for snow. Microsoft advocate DSLs. Why have DSLs
if language does not matter?

My 2c worth.

http://www.fukung.net/v/7729/php_vs_python.png
:)

Carl Banks

I have programmed in many assembly and higher level languages.
In OldenTimes:
In Algol 60 I was productive from the start.
KDF9 Usercode (Assembly) was brilliant. (A bigger HW stack would have
made it even better).
IBM 360 Assembly was poorer but not a disaster.
PL1 was a mess. You could write good code but why bother?
COBOL was fit for purpose and when combined with Jackson structured
programming could be used straight away by rooky programmers in business
systems programming. I am sure it has progressed since ANSI 68.
The Inuit have 13 terms for snow. Microsoft advocate DSLs. Why have DSLs
if language does not matter?
My 2c worth.

http://www.fukung.net/v/7729/php_vs_python.png
:)