FXSplashWindow usage question

Nuralanur

-------------------------------1139303319

Dear lopex, dear all,

thank you for suggesting FXSplashWindow.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to use it so far --
these are my very first steps in FXRuby (not in Ruby, though).
The code below is combined from the "hello.rb" code from the FXRuby tutorial
and from the FXSplashWindow.rb file.
It only shows the Hello-world Window, but not the SplashScreen.
What am I missing ?

Thank you,
Axel

require "fox14"

include Fox

module Fox
#
# The Splash Window is a window typically shown during startup
# of an application. It comprises a large icon, which is also
# used as the shape of the window if +SPLASH_SHAPED+ is passed;
# with the +SPLASH_SIMPLE+ option the window will be simply rectangular.
#
# === Splash window options
#
# +SPLASH_SIMPLE+:: Simple rectangular splash window
# +SPLASH_SHAPED+:: Shaped splash window
# +SPLASH_OWNS_ICON+:: Splash window will own the icon and destroy it
# +SPLASH_DESTROY+:: Splash window will destroy itself when timer expires
#
class FXSplashWindow < FXTopWindow
# The splash window's icon [FXIcon]
attr_accessor :icon

# The delay before hiding the splash window, in milliseconds [Integer]
attr_accessor :delay

# Construct splash window
def initialize(app, ic, opts=SPLASH_SIMPLE, ms=5000) # :yields:
theSplashWindow
end

# Construct splash window
def initialize(ow, ic, opts=SPLASH_SIMPLE, ms=5000) # :yields:
theSplashWindow
end
end
end

application = FXApp.new("Hello", "FoxTest")
app = FXSplashWindow.new(application,'sc30.png',opts=SPLASH_SIMPLE, ms=5000)

main = FXMainWindow.new(application, "Hello", nil, nil, DECOR_ALL)
FXButton.new(main, "&Hello, World!", nil, application, FXApp::ID_QUIT)
application.create()
main.show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)
application.run()

-------------------------------1139303319--

Marcin Mielżyński

According to solution 1 found at:
http://www.fox-toolkit.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Tutorial_13_SplashScreen

require "fox14"
include Fox

app=FXApp.new("Hello", "FoxTest")

ico=FXPNGIcon.new(app,open("splash.png","rb").read)
splash=FXSplashWindow.new(app,ico,SPLASH_SIMPLE,5000)

app.create()
splash.show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)
app.runModalWhileShown(splash);

main=FXMainWindow.new(app, "Hello", nil, nil, DECOR_ALL)
FXButton.new(main, "&Hello, World!", nil, app, FXApp::ID_QUIT)

main.create
main.show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)

app.run

lopex