GAC install help

Andy Butland

I've built a dll component that is compiled from contains a number of
generic classes, each in separate .vb files, that I'd like to use in several
web applications. Currently I'm simply placing a copy of it in each of the
\bin directories, but realise the best idea is to install in in the GAC.

I'm not clear though as to the method for this, particularly where the
assembly information (key file, version number etc.) needs to go. As
mentioned, I have several .vb files that compile to a single dll. I don't
have VS.NET and hence am using the command line tools that come with the
..NET SDK.

If someone could post or point to details of how to install this multiple
source file/single dll to the GAC it would be most appreciated.

Andy