Galry, a high-performance interactive visualization package in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cyrille Rossant, Jan 29, 2013.

  1. Dear all,

    I'm making available today a first pre-release of Galry <
    http://rossant.github.com/galry/>, a BSD-licensed high performance
    interactive visualization toolbox in Python based on OpenGL. Its
    matplotlib-like high-level interface allows to interactively visualize
    plots with tens of millions of points. Galry is highly flexible and
    natively supports 2D plots, 3D meshes, text, planar graphs, images, custom
    shaders, etc. The low-level interface can be used to write graphical
    interfaces in Qt with efficient visualization widgets.

    The goal of this beta pre-release is to ensure that Galry can work on the
    widest possible range of systems and graphics cards (OpenGL v2+ is
    required).

    If you're interested, please feel free to give it a try! Also, I'd very
    much appreciate if you could fill in a really short form on the webpage to
    indicate what you'd like to do with this package. Your feedback will be
    invaluable in the future development of Galry.

    Best regards,
    Cyrille Rossant

    Cyrille Rossant, Jan 29, 2013