Garbage Charecters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vishal Dalsania, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Hello all,

    I have created an application in ASP.NET 2.0.
    When i run it from internet explorer the aspx page shows some garbage
    charecters in it. I tried looking in to the HTML source of the page i found
    the below lines were causing problem

    ΒΈut name="btnDrawings2" type="button" id="btnDrawings2" class="Btn"
    value=":: Drawings ::"
    onclick="javascript:window.open('DrawingReports.aspx','_self');"
    style="width:110px" />&nbsp;
    <input type="submit" name="btnBldgBuy2" value=":: Continue To Buy ::"
    id="btnBldgBuy2" class="Btn" style="width:160px" />

    Look at the garbage in place of input in first button.

    Now when i looked in to the ASPX file in my project the lines were perfect
    as below

    <input type=button id="btnDrawings2" class="Btn" Value=":: Drawings ::"
    runat=server
    onclick="javascript:window.open('DrawingReports.aspx','_self');"
    style="width:110px" />&nbsp;
    <asp:Button Text=":: Continue To Buy ::" ID="btnBldgBuy2" CssClass="Btn"
    style="width:160px" runat="server" OnClick="btnBldgBuy_Click" />

    I have the same 2 lines in another page where it is not causing any such
    problem.

    I did not understood how does it changed the HTML code of aspx file while
    running from IIS.

    It runs well in the development web server of Visual Studio 2005.

    I am using Windows 2003 Server R2, IIS 6.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 and
    ASP.NET 2.0

    Can anyone help me in this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards