    one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.

    Thanks,
    T.

    T. Onoma, Aug 27, 2004

  2. T. Onoma

    Cristi BALAN Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:04:59 +0900, T. Onoma <> wrote:
    > I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
    > may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
    > interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?
    >
    > I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
    > peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.
    >
    > In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
    > one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > T.

    FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
    case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
    until you get it.

    http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache...Shortcomings ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&hl=en

    --
    Cristi BALAN

    Cristi BALAN, Aug 27, 2004

  3. T. Onoma

    Bill Guindon Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:48:05 +0900, Cristi BALAN <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:04:59 +0900, T. Onoma <> wrote:
    > > I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
    > > may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
    > > interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?
    > >
    > > I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
    > > peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.
    > >
    > > In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
    > > one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > T.
    > >

    > FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
    > case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
    > until you get it.
    >
    > http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache...Shortcomings ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&hl=en
    >
    > --
    > Cristi BALAN

    Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
    http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings
    http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?action=browse&id=ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&revision=20

    had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know :)

    Bill Guindon, Aug 28, 2004
  4. T. Onoma

    T. Onoma Guest

    On Friday 27 August 2004 07:08 pm, Bill Guindon wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:48:05 +0900, Cristi BALAN <> wrote:

    > > FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
    > > case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
    > > until you get it.
    > >
    > > http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:1Jglsr4_750J:www.rubygarden.org/ruby%
    > >3FThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings+ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&hl=en
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cristi BALAN

    > Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
    > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings
    > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?action=browse&id=ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&
    >revision=20
    >
    > had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know :)

    Bless you both!

    T.

    T. Onoma, Aug 28, 2004
  5. T. Onoma

    Bill Guindon Guest

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:14:57 +0900, T. Onoma <> wrote:

    > > Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
    > > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings
    > > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?action=browse&id=ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&
    > >revision=20
    > >
    > > had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know :)

    > Bless you both!

    Happy to help.

    I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
    page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
    'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
    deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
    I'm a Nuby myself.

    For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
    bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
    That's how I found it.

    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Aug 28, 2004
  6. T. Onoma

    T. Onoma Guest

    On Friday 27 August 2004 11:55 pm, Bill Guindon wrote:
    > Happy to help.
    >
    > I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
    > page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
    > 'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
    > deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
    > I'm a Nuby myself.

    Yes, I imagine so. But its a crazy world! Actually, my guess is this: somet
    time ago I had deleted the page and put the word DELETE there. But it was
    still there so I started using it again. Then it must have gotten spammed.
    Some maintainer went to fix and saw the old revision of DELETE and obliged
    me with DELETED. That's all I can think of --but it means there are some
    problems with the spam rollbacks.

    > For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
    > bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
    > That's how I found it.

    Great tip. Thanks.

    --
    T.