Gateway In Danger

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Gray, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. James Gray

    James Gray Guest

    List members, please take a moment to verify that you are not sending
    spam complaints to the server team that hosts the Ruby Talk mailing
    list. This includes automated complaints from spam monitoring
    software (SpamCop, for example).

    Some spam is a natural part of the gating process as we move messages
    from Usenet. This is just part of your Ruby Talk membership and a
    header notice of this policy is included with all gated messages.

    Spam complaints have placed my company in violation of our service
    provider's Acceptable Use Policy. I've explained the situation, but
    their AUP does not require them to investigate the validity of the
    complaints. If they now tell us to shut the gateway process down, we
    must do so to avoid loosing our servers.

    Should that happen, I will no longer maintain the gateway. I can pass
    the code to another willing host though, if someone steps forward.

    I've attempted to contact the user sending the complaints and asked
    them to stop. That's about all I can do.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Gray, Dec 3, 2008