    there is any flag or some way in gcc that make it possible too see what the
    error is, and where it is located. or some more information about the error.

    Thanks in advance Sam
    Sam, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Sam wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I am a C++ programmer, and very new in Unix and using gcc. When I am
    > compiling my program, I am getting error and core dump.

    You are dumping core while compiling your program? Then you have a
    compiler issue, not a C++ issue.

    > I was wondering if
    > there is any flag or some way in gcc that make it possible too see what the
    > error is, and where it is located. or some more information about the error.

    If gcc is crashing, it's obviously because of a bug in the program. Most
    programs aren't self-debugging. Your options are basically: 1) upgrade
    gcc, 2) check if this is a known issue, and 3) submit a bug report if
    it's not a known issue.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 11, 2003