gem 1.3.0, netbeans 6.1 "Missing the Rails gem"

Pablo Q.

I'm on ubuntu 8.04 and I'm using netbeans 6.1 with native ruby option.

root@castor-laptop:/home/castor# gem --version
1.3.0
root@castor-laptop:/home/castor# ruby --version

I'm able to run scripts/console from command:

root@castor-laptop:/home/castor/projects/Aflus# script/console
but when I try to run the same from netbeans rails console I get this:

*Missing the Rails gem. Please `gem install -v= rails`, update your
RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version you
do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest
version installed.*

I checked the configuration of the ruby
platform<http://www.flickr.com/photos/82684024@N00/2924249923>and it
looks fine....

Any idea?

Prashant Srinivasan

Pablo, you might post to the Netbeans Ruby forum too, just in case this
is Netbeans related. The URL is http://forums.netbeans.org/ruby-users.html

hth
-ps

--
Prashant Srinivasan
F/OSS Enthusiast

Prashant Srinivasan

Also, can you not only look at the Ruby platform (which the flickr
picture showed), but to right click on your project and open the
Properties dialog, and see/confirm that the project is using this
platform? You can have multiple platforms available, and each project
is assigned one of them (this is assigned when you create the project,
there's a combobox).

It sounds like you may be using JRuby instead of native ruby for this
project.

In any case, it may be worth to post to the Netbeans Ruby users forum in
case this or Eric Hodel's suggestion don't help.

-ps