gem install getopt problem

Joel VanderWerf

$ gem install getopt
Attempting local installation of 'getopt'
Local gem file not found: getopt*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'getopt'
Successfully installed getopt-1.3.0
Installing RDoc documentation for getopt-1.3.0...
File not found: lib
$ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.1
CHANGES MANIFEST README test

So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.

Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.

$ gem -v
0.8.11
$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]

Daniel Berger

Joel said:
$ gem install getopt
Attempting local installation of 'getopt'
Local gem file not found: getopt*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'getopt'
Successfully installed getopt-1.3.0
Installing RDoc documentation for getopt-1.3.0...
File not found: lib
$ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.1
CHANGES MANIFEST README test

So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.

Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.

$ gem -v
0.8.11
$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]

That's weird. It looks like the gem file is broken for some reason (I just
tried a local install). The only thing I changed was the version, from 1.3.0
to 1.3.1.

I have absolutely no idea what's wrong.

Dan

Jim Weirich

Joel VanderWerf said:
$ gem install getopt
Attempting local installation of 'getopt'
Local gem file not found: getopt*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'getopt'
Successfully installed getopt-1.3.0
Installing RDoc documentation for getopt-1.3.0...
File not found: lib
$ ls /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/getopt-1.3.1
CHANGES MANIFEST README test

So it seems the lib subdir is not being created for some reason.

Anyone else see this? Other gems seem fine.

The lib and examples directories are not included in the gem archive itse=
lf.

--=20
-- Jim Weirich (e-mail address removed) http://onestepback.org

Daniel Berger

Jim said:
Joel VanderWerf said:

The lib and examples directories are not included in the gem archive itself.

Whoopsie. I messed up the gemspec (fixed now). I'll upload a new gem shortly.

Dan