GEM Question On Error Messages

Robert Love

Am brand new to Ruby. I use Log4Perl in my perl work and wanted a
similar capability. I found log4r and some means of packaging callled
"gem". When I run the gem installer I get

Installing RDoc documentation for log4r-1.0.5...

src/log4r/base.rb:2:7: Unrecognized directive 'nodoc'

where the last line seems to be repeated over and over for every item
being installed. So, was the installation successful? Is it an error
or a warning? Why, since I'm using freshly fetched "gem" and log4r, do
I get this mismatch? Is it the gem installer or the log4r package that
is in error?

Any insight, and assurance that Ruby is ready for production use, is
appreciated.

Yuri Kozlov

Installing RDoc documentation for log4r-1.0.5...
src/log4r/base.rb:2:7: Unrecognized directive 'nodoc'
Code of base.rb

# :nodoc:
require "log4r/config"

module Log4r