General question

Steven

Hello,
I have a website that is now a mixture of asp and aspx pages. The aspx
pages sort of hang off the main web site where they are all segregated into
their own directory. The aspx pages have a global.aspx page in this
directory where I have some session variables defined. Most of these
session variables are objects from classes. Of course, these session vars
are used throughout the aspx pages. This works great in the development
environment. The issue surfaces when I deploy this site. It seems that
none of the session variables are known, or have no value, I am receiving
the 'Object Reference of with block not set' error. I know asp and aspx
cannot share session state and I am not trying to share. Does anyone know
how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Brock Allen

It sounds like your virtual directory structure on the dev machine is not
the same on your production machine. I'd confirm that the IIS settings are
the same on both machines.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Steven,

The global.asax file and the web.config file should reside in the
application root.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer