General Web Question

Brian

I would like to build a scalable database web application. What is the
best way to go about doing this? I'm looking for answers in terms of
programming language and database backend.

I know .NET and SQL server, PHP and MySQL. I've also heard of Ruby on
Rails and AJAX. What are the pros and cons of these? Is one better
than the other? Are there any other combos that work well? Which is
the most secure and scalable? Any other advice you can give me would
be beneficial.

Thanks,
Brian

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

You'll have a hard time find a better combination than ASP.NET 2.0
and SQL Server. Speed, scalability, flexibility...

--
Robbe Morris - 2004-2006 Microsoft MVP C#
I've mapped the database to .NET class properties and methods to